What is WP-CLI?
WP-CLi is the command-line interface for WordPress. You can update plugins, configure install and much more, without using a web browser.
Okay, so what does that mean?
- No need to use the wp-admin interface
- What you can do in the wp-admin you can do with WP-CLI ( probably )
- Feel pretty awesome because you’re not using a mouse 🙂
WP-CLI useful commands
- $ wp cli info – Gives your info about the cli
- $ wp cli cache clear – Removes all cached files
- $ wp cli cache prune – Remove all cached files exept for the newest version of each one.
- $ wp plugin list – Gives a list with all installed plugins
- $ wp theme list – Gives a list with all installed themes
- $ wp config set WP_DEBUG true – Sets WP_DEBUG to true
- . . .
There is sooooo muuuuccchh more!